TV

My ramble for the day... Seems the Lord is always putting something new in front of me that needs to be addressed. The current "issue" is the TV. To be honest it is not that new of an issue just one that I have not wanted to deal with and have found excuses to ignore. Last year we gave up TV for a week (minus news). However it has been pressing on my heart that this is something I need to do something about.

My 2 older boys have grown up with TV, and yes I was a "bad" mother and used it to babysit at times. Unfortunately it has turned into an addiction issue I believe. Of course they do not see it that way. They think it is a great way to buy time because they are bored and they do watch shows they shouldn't. They watch cartoons, kids shows and Discovery Channel. Discovery I can live with (we love Dirty Jobs) but the cartoons and kid shows do have a lot of content and ways of opening doors which do not need opened. But even more that that it has become an idol. We put it before God on a daily basis.

So how do we change this? I don't want to get rid of it (plus it won't do much good considering we live with family). But changing to a No or Limited TV lifestyle is not going to be easy.

Leviticus 19:4 Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God.


Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Photobucket

No comments: