What School?

This week school has been pretty much non-existent. I have been in the dumps and the boys have been in a mood. We did a little early this week but then it all went downhill. I spent half the week laying around the house. While they worked on building a fort in the living room and the best way to irritate your brother. I guess I can not count that as school work huh?

We did manage to go to Park Day on Thursday. Which the boys really enjoyed being able to get out of the house and play with some friends. We were only at the park for a couple of hours and were able to enjoy a sun shower while we were there. It felt good. It has been so hot lately (doesn't help the I am prego).

After our park adventure we made a Lemon Meringue Pie (we added to much lemon though) WHOO - it'll knock your socks off. I think next time I am going to find the recipe I used last time I made one. Then Joel got in from SC. He is home for Memorial Day Weekend. Which is real nice since we won't see him again until he graduates school on the 16th of June.

So next week I have school all planned out and am actually looking forward to hitting some books and doing some cool things with the boys. They do not know what all I have planned yet. They just think we have worksheets, books to do. Not so, my sons. With summer here we will be doing a little bit of bookwork to finish our grammar and also to work on reading/math. But most of the things planned are outdoors, experiments and things of that nature.

Anyways, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

No comments: