Thrifty Thursday

Isaiah 55:2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.


How much money do we waste each day, week, month on things that we think will make us happy? No matter what we buy it will never satisfy our soul. The one thing that will fill us up we can not buy - Jesus Christ.

I spent the week re-examining what we waste our money on and how much we throw out the window each day. We are fountain drink junkies! So this week we cut down our daily fountain drink from the gas station down to only once this week. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. To make it even better we have not had fast food this week either (which we normally eat once or twice a week). We will continue our fountain drink and fast food ban for the rest of the month.

On another note... I read Dave Ramsey's book and am totally psyched about putting it in action. Joel and I talked about starting a budget and have been figuring out how much $$ is needed. So I should have it all worked out this weekend. As for "Baby Step 1" - we are $100 dollars away from our emergency fund being full and will be able to start on "Baby Step 2" - Snowball our Debt real soon! Oh to be free... We have even gotten the boys on board and we will be having a no more credit card ceremony this weekend. I will be honest it is kind of hard to imagine not having them to "fall back on" but then I also know that if they are there, there is a good chance they will be used. So tomorrow we will celebrate a new way of life!
Photobucket

1 comment:

6intow said...

Wow! Sounds like you're making some great changes. It is amazing how much the little things add up, isn't it? I also recently read Dave Ramsey, he is definitely inspiring! That reminds me, I need to get that book back to the library so I doesn't cost me anything!
~Erin