Bible Challenge - Day 1

For the Bible Challenge I decided to read the Book of Malachi. I think it is one of those books I have skimmed over and never really looked into. So I will probably go see if the local Christian bookstore has a study guide to help me out. There are only 4 chapters in Malachi and today I managed to read 5 verses from the first one!

Malachi 1:2 “ I have loved you,” says the LORD. “ Yet you say, ‘In what way have You loved us?’ Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” Says the LORD. “ Yet Jacob I have loved;

This verse amazes me, the Lord tells Israel, his chosen people that He loves them and they ask for proof! It sounds funny but how often do we want proof of His love? We know that He loves us but our flesh takes over and wants more. We want answers, we want to see what it is He has planned for us, we want this or that. It is not about what "we want", we can rest assured that He loves us because For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16. Our head may know He loves us but has that knowledge penetrated your heart and into your life? Has your heart changed and accepted that no matter you can rest assured that he loves you and that you have eternal life? What amazes me even more though is that God gives them the proof they ask for. He tells them basically didn't I choose you? The Lord has chosen us! Oh that we can rest assured knowing that we are chosen by the Lord. We do not have to ask for proof of His love, it was freely given to us we just have to accept it and remember that He loves us!
Photobucket

No comments: