First Week of School

Our first week of school and the boys had a blast! What started as a "not school" turned into children eagerly doing the lessons. I am surprised I didn't die from shock, especially when they wanted to do math! We are using a variety of things but our main source is SOW. I am having to tweak it a little bit here and there so that I can fit in some other things I want to do this year.

This week we reviewed the first week of SOW which we did earlier this summer. We also started Saxon 65 (we are doing this as a "class" for the time being, but this will probably change later on). We also started "Remembering God's Awesome Acts" and a unit study from a book I picked up at the local teacher store about democracy.

Now I just need to sit down and make the schedule out for our schoolwork. That way I know what we are suppose to be doing each day and don't become scatterbrained. I am hoping that this next week we can really focus on starting individual Bible time. I have not been very good about teaching my boys to spend one on one time with the Lord. So that is where we are going to start. I would like for them to write their PRAYS letters at that time also.

It is getting late so I better get to bed. Have a great night!



Photobucket

1 comment:

HsKubes said...

So glad your first week went so well!
I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy SOW.

~ Christina