A Dreary Saturday

It is a dreary day here in Fremont. I am hoping it clears up some as tonight is the family picnic for the local homeschool group and we were looking forward to going. I am not sure how long we will actually stay it doesn't start until 5 and Joel will be home sometime this evening and without seeing him all day (he had to work) we would really like to spend some time with him. So worse comes to worse we will probably go for an hour or 2 and then head out so we can get home to Dad. Plus we have a rummy game scheduled :-)

We have had a nice birthday week. Chuck E Cheese was a total surprise for Micah and both of the boys had a blast. Thursday was their first soccer practice. Which they enjoyed and it was so good for them to be able to be around kids there age. We went and got the soccer shoes and shin guards. Plus they got a free soccer ball. Which they can't wait until tomorrow because Dad said he would practice with them after church.

I think we are going to go to the same church as last Sunday. I am not sure if that is the church we will end up at but I am praying that the Lord will put us at the right church real soon.

I got our wall timeline hung back up. I had to remake it because of the move plus I lost some of our "event cards". So I made some new ones up and the boys put them on today. We are running the entire line from Creation - Today. It is hanging on the wall going up the stairs. Originally I wanted it in the dining room but I think the hall is better because we all pay more attention to it. Plus it is right at the boys level. We can even sit on the stairs and work on it. Which is nice. The one thing I would like to do is figure out how to incorporate a family tree into it. Which is kind of difficult. So we may have to make a special one just for the tree.

The boys are now building a fort in the living room and I am going to go clean a little. So I don't have to worry about coming home to a messy house. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

No comments: