4th Day of Christmas - Dec. 28th

"On the 4th Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me 4 Calling Birds"

Galatians 1: 6 – 11
Only One Gospel
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
Call to Apostleship
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.


4 books, but only 1 gospel. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all reveal who Jesus is. They are a testimony of his life, works, death, and resurrection. Saul was not able to read the “gospel” as we know it; the gospel was revealed to him by Jesus while on the road to Damascus. That meeting changed Saul’s life forever. Soon he would be preaching to the gentiles and would be known as Paul, an apostle of Jesus. Paul was called by God for a specific reason, to further the gospel.

Like Paul we have been called by God. Our lives changed once we heard the gospel and became a follower of Christ. No longer should we listen to “other gospels” or look at the world and listen to what it has to say. We should look to the Bible; by reading God’s word we can hear Jesus preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God and learn what He has called us to do.

No comments: