3rd Day of Christmas - December 27th

“On the 3rd Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to me 3 French Hens”

1 Corinthians 13
The Greatest Gift
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.


Faith, Hope, and Love.

It is only through our faith in Jesus Christ that we can hope for all of the blessings the Lord promises. It is because of His love for us that we are able to have faith and hope. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

We are given many paths to walk down in life, some easy, some hard. Regardless of the difficulty we must choose which way we will go. Faith and hope will get us through the most difficult times and at different points along the way it will be the only thing we can hold onto. We need to love Him as much as He loved us. How does one do this though? We must choose to do His will over our own. By walking with the Lord we can share His love to others and show how much we love Him.

No comments: