I Know, I Know

I am way behind on my blog and on sending pictures of our new home. Hoepfully I will beable to catch up and get those pictures to everyone real soon. Of course that involves getting a new battery for my camera which I have yet to do even though I said I was giong to 3 weeks ago.

We are still getting use to living here in MI. The weather alone is going to take some getting use to and as excited as I was to see snow this winter. I have changed my mind and would rather go where it is warm. I am use to sweltering heat this time of year not 50's in the morning and maybe 84 in the afternoon if we are lucky!

I have made it over to Muskegon twice now, once a family trip with Joel and then the next time back to the mall with just the boys. It takes about 30 minutes which is a pain but considering it took at least that long to go somewhere in Savannah (okay 1/2 that time) unless we were headed to the beach. It is not to bad.

I finally located a homeschool group here in the area. That is a major plus! I registered the boys for soccer this season and now I am just waiting for it to start and MI public schools to start so they can join cub scouts or/and 4-H. That will take care of some of the not having kids in the neighborhood to play with issues. Other than that we have already started school. We are using Math-U-See this year and although we just started it I really like it and Xavier is even having fun with math. Which is another plus! We have been studying what it means to be a citizen this past week and learning about our nations symbols.

I found a book at a local store written by a local man about his childhood and we have been reading that and a book on Christian hero's. We are currently reading about Gladys Aylward.

Other than that things here are the same as they always were. Joel works... We do school... Hang out at home... Okay so they aren't exactly the same we are hanging out at home a lot more these days. When we do go off it's normally a trip to the grocery store or the library. Nothing exiciting that is for sure.

In fact the most exciting thing that has happened recently is... well going on right this minute. We have a dead mouse in the litter box. Which is a major issue for me but Joel is in Grand Rapids today so I can't call him. I do not do litter boxes for one. Nor do I do a mouse. It takes everthing I have to go to the bathroom or let the boys go. If I lived closer to town we would drive to the store to go. Yes, I know it is dead. Yes, I know I could let the boys get it. But that is not happening (the whole box needs dumped as far as I am concerned and they don't need to be touching it either. So the plan is to not look, sneak in there, pray I don't have another one near there looking for its dead brother (or sister) and get out of the bathroom as quick as possible without getting sick. Yes, it makes me sick. This is why we can't have snakes - plus snakes make me sick, lol.

That's our day so far and I will try to update and send pictures soon.

No comments: