“On the 12th Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me 12 Drummers Drumming”
The Apostle’s Creed (Do not read the numbers)
1.I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth,
2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord,
3. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into hell.
5. The third day he rose again from the dead;
6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
7. From there he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
9. I believe in the holy catholic church, the communion of saints,
10. The forgiveness of sins,
11. The resurrection of the body,
12. And the life everlasting. Amen
The Apostle’s Creed has 12 points that all Christians must believe.
The first thing we must believe is God and that he created everything. Regardless of our belief in how long a day was, he made heaven and earth in 6 days. He created everything in the world. Therefore, we must remember that everything belongs to Him.
The second and third thing we must believe is that Jesus is God’s son and that he was born from Mary and that she was a virgin. She was impregnated by the Holy Spirit.
Fourth, he was crucified, meaning hung on a cross where he died. They took his body to a tomb and buried him. When Jesus died he went to Hell where he broke the chains of death.
Fifth he rose again, he came back to earth, he was not dead.
Sixth and seventh belief we must have is that he ascended into heaven and will judge everyone. Jesus, body and all went up to heaven. There he sits beside God and will judge all of mankind.
Eighth belief is to believe in the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit helps us to live according to God’s word and guides us through everyday life. We must learn to hear the Holy Spirit when it speaks to us.
Ninth we believe in the holy catholic church, which means in the body of Christian believers, and the saints.
Tenth we believe that because of Jesus, our sins can be forgiven.
Eleventh and twelfth belief is that we to will be resurrected and will live forever with God.